Dr. Sarita Uhr offers the following services:
Evaluation – 60 minute evaluation. The evaluation covers the following :
- What symptoms are you currently experiencing (ex. anxiety, depression, insomnia)?
- What symptoms have you experienced in the past?
- What medications have you or have not responded to?
- What is the state of your physical health?
- Who in your family has mental health issues?
- What are the stresses in your life?
- How much alcohol do you drink?
- Have you had a period of heavy drinking in the past?
- Are you using illicit drugs such as marijuana or cocaine?
My goal is to make a judgment, based on your history, which medication or combination of medications will most likely reduce or eliminate your symptoms. I also suggest the addition of therapy, relaxation techniques, or life style changes to maximize your chance of leading a happy and healthy life. In other words, take steps toward prevention in order to achieve mental wellness.
Medication Management – 15 minute visits. The purpose is to:
- Assess side effects
- Assess which symptoms have improved
- Assess which symptoms remain
- Make medication dosage adjustments
- Add or eliminate medication
- Assess stress level
- Discuss ways to lower stress
Psychotherapy – 30 minute visits. The purpose is to:
- Determine how your family of origin influences you
- Determine how you get nurturing and support
- Deal with self esteem issues
- Improve your ability to set boundaries with family and friends
- Improve your positive thinking
- Improve coping skills
- Be supportive and encouraging
Consultation (e.g. second opinion)- 60 minute evaluation. The psychiatric evaluation is the same as I listed above.
The purpose is to give you my assessment of your current treatment. At the end of your evaluation, I discuss a detailed treatment plan with you. I am happy to discuss the plan, with your written permission, with any other current professional involved in your care.
If you are interested in making an appointment, click here.
(Note: Payment is due at the time of the appointment and the client receives a bill which they can file with their insurance company. Dr. Uhr is not on any of the PPO or HMO lists.)
Dr. Sarita Uhr
14785 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75254